Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Latest articles that you might be interested in reading

One of my favorite authors, Dan Pink sends out a bi-monthly e-mail recommending several articles, blogs, etc... to read.  In his latest up-date he suggested several articles, but three of them gained my attention.  Those three article were:

"Why are there still so few Women in Science?"  Written by Eileen Pollack for the New York Times.
No matter your gender, if you have a daughter, sister, wife, you will find this article extremely compelling.

"Don't say, I can't, if you say, I don't".   Written by Oliver Burkeman for the Guardian.
Oliver Burkeman describes research that shows that we resist temptation better through consistency than through restraint.  Specifically, avoid saying, "I can't go to the gym today."  Instead say, "I don't skip going to the gym."

"Why Women Prefer Working Together & Why Men Prefer Working Alone".  Written by Derek Thompson for the Atlantic
Based upon research Derek Thompson postulates that the central reason is that "Men demonstrate over-confidence in their own abilities and distrust their colleagues' aptitude except under certain circumstances."


I thought some folks might find these articles very interesting.  Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment